We were anticipating it, but this is coming sooner than expected. Few days ago, Infinix Mobility announced that Android 8 Oreo will be available for Infinix Note 4 X572 by April this year, along with two other Infinix-branded handsets in later months. But we’re still in the month of March and the Android 8.1.0 Oreo update has started rolling out to Infinix Note 4 devices nationwide.
This latest Android Oreo update which was released OTA (over the air), also bumps the phone’s custom UI to XOS 3.2 Hummingbird, where so many Infinix Note 4 owners have successfully installed it.
Requirement for Android 8.1.0 Oreo Update for Infinix Note 4
Before you upgrade, make sure:
- Your device is not rooted otherwise it will get bricked.
- You back up your current firmware in case the need to downgrade your device arise if the update contains bugs.
- Your battery is charged, at least, up to 95%.
- You have enough storage space and up to 2GB to download the update.
How to Install the Android 8 OTA Update for Infinix Note 4
• Simply go to settings > About > System, update and search for an update.
• If an update is available, click on download and install, then restart your device & install once the download is completed.
• Exercise patience while your device is booting into recovery mode and install the update. Please don’t interrupt the installation process.
• Once the update is complete, your Infinix Note 4 X572 will reboot and Android 8.1.0 oreo will start running on your device.
You might encounter some bugs since this is the first update of this operating system, but they’ll be fixed. Kindly share and tell us how it went.